How To Check Income Tax Return Status of Manually Filed 4 Years Old ITR?
In order to check the income tax return status of the previous year’s ITR as old as 4 years is not that a tedious process owing to the fact that everything related to the IT department of the country has become digitalized. You can easily check the income tax return status of your ITR-V of the previous years by just logging in the website of the Income-tax department.
Follow the following steps in order to view your filed income tax return status- To make easy for you, the easy steps have been mentioned below. Do follow them while viewing your filed income tax return status. Let’s check it out.
- The first step is to login into the Income Tax department’s official website
- Then click on the ITR-V receipt status
- Now enter your PAN card number as the login id and select the assessment year
- Enter the correct captcha displayed
- Now if you filed and sent the ITR-V of that particular year to the CPC, Bangalore then you would see the status as ITR received.
- In case if you or the concerned person hasn’t filed the ITR you would be displayed with the status that No e-return has been filed for this PAN card number and the assessment year or the e-filling acknowledgment number
- The list of various ITR-Vs filed with be shown with different acknowledgment number.
- When you click on the acknowledgment number you will get the pop-up with options like XML download, paper return, and ITR-V acknowledgment
- In order to get all the details, click on the paper return. The password to open that PDF file is the combination of PAN in small letters and the Date of Birth.
- You can then download the particular year’s ITR-V receipt
- You can then view the tax credit details or the Form 26S online only and download it as well.