How To Do Income Tax Online Payment Using Challan 280?
Technology has made income tax online. This is a gift and a boon to the taxpayers. Gone are those days of standing in queues and other formalities with income tax online. By just filling the challan 280 online payment of income tax could be done within seconds.
What Is Challan 280?
Challan No/ITNS 280 is a challan to pay income tax online. ITNS is income tax new series. This is used to pay income tax and many other taxes how to pay income tax online with challan 280:
The Following Are The Few Steps To Pay The Income Tax Online:
- Click on the link of online services of NSDLl to go to the ‘e-payment’
- Select 0021 except for companies
- Enter the name and pan number crystal clearly because any wrong letters could lead to a lot of complexities
- Also, select the correct assessment year which is crucial in calculating your taxes
- Select the correct type of tax.
- 100 – Advance tax
- 300 – Self-assessment tax
- 400 – Regular assessment tax
- Now select the bank in the bank list where you have an account for the transfer of the money to the income tax authorities.
- Once done press the proceed button to view in the screen your name and pan number. Check for its correctness and then press confirm.
- The bank account which you have given in the challan will be linked and there you have to fill the columns of
ü Basic tax
ü Edu. Cess
After keying in all the details the total tax will be shown on the screen for which you have to make payment online. Instantly on the income tax online payment, a challan with CIN Number or challan identification number will be displayed which could be saved or printed. This is essential in filing the ITRs.