What Documents You Need For Income Tax Filling?
Income tax filing is mandatory for individuals and companies falling under the different slabs of income tax liability. Every year after the end of the financial year it has to be filed on or before the date prescribed as the deadline by the Government of India. Normally it falls in the September month of the next assessment year. Failing which several types of penalties, fines and various other restrictions including legal punishments will be done by the income tax authorities.
11 Documents To Be Filed Along With Income Tax Filing:
- According to Section 139AA of the Income-tax Act, Aadhaar card is mandatory for filing ITR. If Aadhaar card is applied and not yet received it is enough to provide the enrolment Id.
- Salary slip is another mandatory requirement of salaried persons which provide the allowances which are taxable under income tax law.
- Form – 16 is mandatory for salaried persons which give the salary paid by their employer along with TDS or the tax deducted at source.
- Form – 16A is given by the bank of any tax deductions on the interest from deposits
- Form – 16B is given by the buyer for the TDS in your payment of the property bought.
- Form-16C is given by the tenant of your house for the TDS deducted for the rent given by him.
- Home loan statements from bank/NBFC to reduce tax liability under Sec.24
- Capital gain statements from mutual funds and Share brokers for any capital gains from a share of mutual funds and shares
- Purchase deed and sale deed in case of capital gains from the sale of property
- Tax saving investment proofs under section 80 C to 80 U. This includes tax deductions from EPF to health insurance premiums and many other possibilities to deduct tax.
- Form 26 A S was also known as the tax passbook. This includes all the TDS that has been deposited to your PAN or permanent account number.
Apart from the above documents as per the demand of the Income-tax authorities additional documents have to be produced for successfully completing income tax filing.